"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

New friends and Valentines

After months of thwarted plans, we finally made it to a park day with one of the local homeschool groups. After spending the first few weeks of February dealing with various sicknesses, it was a welcome outing for us all. We chose a Valentine's party for our first intro to the group, and it was a big success. In typical fashion, Spencer and Paxton both made quick work of making friends, and were soon able to tell me the names and ages of a dozen different kids. They exchanged valentines, enjoyed a nice potluck lunch, and explored the playground equipment. I chatted with the other moms, and while I was the odd one out when it came to my homeschooling style - which I've gotten used to - I met some great women. I exchanged email addresses with quite a few of them, and the boys can hardly wait to set up some playdates.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails