"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Saturday, December 02, 2006

A night of rest

Tonight is the first night in a LONG time that we haven't had a project going... no painting, no hanging blinds, no unpacking, no setting up tv stands. Mike and the boys are relaxing with PS2, and in a little while we'll all retire to the other room to catch up on Survivor. We have been working like crazy people on the house, but it is finally, blissfully, almost done. Tonight Mom and Dad arrived from NH to visit for a week, and tomorrow we'll all get together for a big fancy Thanksgiving/Christmas feast.

Some worth-mentioning notes about the kids:

The other day Spencer asked me what hip-hop music was, so I found a random hip-hop band on MySpace, and they danced and danced until they collapsed with exhaustion. They've all been learning lots of Spanish, and Spencer surprised me the other day while I was coloring with Everett - he knows almost every color in Espanol. Everett has been showing an interest in shapes lately, and was naming some of them off to me while we looked at a book. He came to a heart, and called it a "kiss", which I thought was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. Paxton and I have made about a million snowflakes for the Salvation Army at this site http://www.popularfront.com/snowdays and I'm sure will make a million more. Tuesday night we all watched Charlie Brown Christmas. It's been awhile since I've seen it, and I so loved getting to enjoy it with the kids. They loved it, and were especially in awe of the fact that it was made before Mike and I were even born.




3 comments:

Mike Sweeney said...

HEY! You have our blog linked to yours! How cool is that? You should probably put a disclaimer next to it that it's Mike who has taken up most of the authorship. If you have read it lately, you will understand why!! I miss you guys very much and hope you are enjoying your holiday season. Tap me on the shoulder next time you see me online!

Deanna said...

That last comment was from me..not sure why it only has a . as a name....Mike...

Mike Sweeney said...

yes that was mike's..sorry

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails