"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Yaya comes to visit

Somehow, when I wasn't looking, it turned into July. Tegan is over 4 months old, Paxton will be 8 soon, and we're all just trying to keep up with the suddenly furious pace of summer. I'm at 6 weeks past my surgery now, and feeling good. Mostly. I say "mostly" because things are still working themselves out. When I don't make the right food choices, I feel it, and am rewarded with a seriously upset stomach for the rest of the day. One of my fears for recovery was that I'd turn into someone who couldn't go out to eat without rushing for the bathroom afterwards. I did in fact get to experience just that when we went to Rainforest Cafe last week. And I had to drag my whole family of 6 AND our guest back home instead of continuing with our plans, because I just felt too sick not to be in the comfort of my own house. I felt terrible, in addition to feeling, well, terrible.

But life goes on.

Mike's mom visited for 5 days last week (she was the guest that I rushed out of Rainforest Cafe) and the visit went by in a blur, as it always does. She came on her own this time, and the kids really enjoyed the one on one attention. They played games and painted hats and splashed in the pool. We went to the movies, out for lunch, and on a couple of shopping trips. It was a good visit, and a quick visit! Here are just a few pictures...









LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails