"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Exploring Arizona

I love Arizona. I'm especially loving Arizona today, as I listen to all my friends back east complain about the time change (Arizona doesn't do a time change). I'm also especially loving it for the beautiful weather, again at a time when New England is still getting brutalized with snow. Perhaps my favorite thing about the state though is the diversity of the landscapes. Mountains in one direction, desert in another; forests to the north, saguaro cactuses to the south. It is the quintessential place for anyone who loves to be outside as much as we do.

This past weekend we went on another geocaching trek, this time with Mom and Dad and the whole gang. It brought us up to Camp Verde, to a little tucked-away natural playground that can best be described as looking like the surface of Mars - at least the way it looks in my mind.




Yesterday, we spent another day out caching, enjoying another part of the state. I'm so glad that after 3 1/2 years, none of us has lost our sense of wonder. This is a great place to live.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails