"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yesterday...


Yesterday, the kids and I joined a couple of friends and their children for an afternoon at the park. Honestly, I didn't really want to be there at first. Not because of the company, or the location, but just because I was tired and kind of down, and pretty much just wanted to curl up somewhere away from all of humanity.

But I went, and I stayed. And I'm glad I did. It was nice to get out of my own head for awhile, and the kids had a blast. The picture above is Tegan and her little friend Jillian enjoying playing at the edge of the water. It was taken after she'd rolled up her jeans to walk in the mud, and before she'd thrown Spencer's shoes in the lake. And somewhere in between, all 11 of us had a picnic lunch, strolled through the park's pathways, crossed lots of bridges, and oohed at the little ducklings that swam by.


And I had a good time, in spite of myself.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails