"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas


I am happy to report - thrilled to report - that this Christmas was one of the best Christmases I think we've ever had. Not that we've ever had a bad Christmas... we've been extremely blessed in this regard. But this year really was particularly joyful. Everyone was healthy after two months of sickness, everyone was happy, the food was good, the presents were fun, and the laughter was plentiful.

You certainly can't tell from pictures like this one:



but Santa really scaled down the presents this year. The extra presents were NOT missed!





Everyone loved their gifts, and had a good time sharing them throughout the day - from Wii games to strategy games to lego sets.


The food was simple: lasagna and garlic bread. And of course things to nibble like crab dip and shrimp and crudites. I got my wish for a greener Christmas too. We didn't use any paper plates or plasticware,and didn't generate nearly as much trash as usual! We had the traditional Christmas cookies for dessert, my mom brought her pumpkin whoopie pies, and for the grand finale we had Baileys in little chocolate cups.


I adore Christmas.




3 comments:

redrockmama said...

I am so happy to hear about your Christmas. It sounds like you all had a great time, and that's all that matters! I'm telling you, those chocolate cups with the yummy drink inside...mmm!! The pictures of the kids opening their gifts are just priceless :0)

Silvia said...

Oh yum! I want those little chocolate cups with Baileys. :)

Dawne said...

Awww thanks Jen for the warm wishes! I just love the pics! I am glad to see/read that you all had a great Christmas! We did and Santa downsized lots here too but it was not missed at all! I am soo at peace about that! Hope your New Year's was as nice!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails