"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Not Perfect

Since I've been blogging every day for nearly a month now, I've gotten more readers and more followers and more feedback... which is good! And over the past couple of weeks especially, I've received some truly lovely and unexpected emails from people, telling me how certain things I have said or written have touched them in some way. It makes me feel wonderful, but it also makes me feel.... undeserving. And I won't be able to sleep tonight unless I make a confession:

I don't have all the answers.

In fact, I am going through something specific with my six year old right now that has me absolutely flummoxed. I'm not sure how to handle it, and we are currently in the try a little, wait a little, pray a little mode. I very, very, rarely ask anyone for advice, and in this case I have shared with exactly one person whom I trust to help me figure it out.

And I'm still figuring. I know that we'll get there, and I know that there is a gentle, respectful answer; I just don't know what it is yet. And I thank God for the wonder that is the internet, and for my ever growing group of mom friends who know me and know how very, very much I love and adore these kids.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails