"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas


I'd let the stress get the best of me, and I don't know why. I was feeling the pressure of getting everything done in time, and the anxiety over being being sick for the holidays. Today, one day before Christmas, it has all come together as it always does. Today has been warm, calm and peaceful. The kids have been so excited for tomorrow, and they couldn't wait to bring over the plate of the cookies they'd made for our friends next door.


I had a moment this morning when we were all mopping the floors, off all things. We had Christmas music playing, everyone was working together, and I just felt suddenly, and blissfully, happy. I do so love the holidays. And as much as I enjoy Christmas day, with everyone visiting and the presents and food and fun, today - Christmas Eve - is by far my favorite day of the year. I love the anticipation, I love the time spent with just us and the kids, I love the traditions of watching The Santa Clause and reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. I love putting out the milk and cookies. Christmas Eve is sacred.

Today we finished up our Jesse tree, and placed the last two ornaments: Christ in the manger, and the the Chi-Rho symbol


And this is our Christmas tree, before Santa has come:



Merry Christmas a day early to all my friends and family. I wish you all much peace, joy and love.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails